- Fundamentals in Emergency Care course: A 2-day advanced life support course (SA contextualized version aimed at anyone working in an African Emergency Centre)
- Aviation Evacuation and Transport course: A week long course for those involved in aeromedical operations - next course September 2018
- Disaster Medicine: A week long course providing theoretical and practical learning - next course 14-18 May 2018
For more information about costs or registering for any of the above short courses, please contact Samantha Samie.
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support: A 2-day APLS course run by our partners from Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital. For more information about costs or registering for this course, please see www.apls.co.za or contact Cindy Maree
EMCT does not currently offer any of the following courses. We suggest you contact the organisations indicated for more information.
- Ultrasound courses: Please contact EMSSA for information about point-of-care ultrasound training.
- AHA Advanced Life Support Courses (BLS, ACLS, PALS): Please contact www.resuscitationcouncil.co.za for more information. In Cape Town we can recommend MDinc which is run by EMCT honorary lecturers.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS): These courses are co-ordinated by the Trauma Society of South Africa
- First aid courses or paramedic training: We suggest you contact relevant local organisations such as the SA Red Cross Society or St John's Ambulance, or the Colleges of Emergency Care and Universities that offer undergraduate emergency care training.
We can also suggest you peruse this link to the HPCSA Accredited Education and Training Providers